This is a HR generalist role that requires the incumbent to plan and execute recruitment and engagement activities to source potential candidates and maintain optimal workplace experience for employees. He/she conducts the initial screening of potential candidates, administers and prepares employment contracts as per guidelines. He/she tracks the conversion rate for each sourcing channel and provides administrative and logistical support during onboarding.
Other requirements include administering the performance reviews and collating responses and feedback for decision-making purposes. He/she also implements the compensation and benefits programmes, including payroll. Researches on benchmark organisations’ compensation and benefits practices. He/she generates salary and benefits reports, conducts data analyses and present findings for decision-making purposes.
In addition, he/she is required to prioritise learning needs within the organisation and plans with the leadership team to ensure that training and development initiatives for employees are implemented. He/she manages the learning/training calendar and employee participation across various learning programmes, analyses the outcome of the learning programmes and assess post- training feedback reports from employees. He/she administers the leadership development programme, including succession planning for employees who are selected for such programme.
The HR generalist is also responsible for maintaining the HR Policy Manual, ensuring that it is updated and provides guidance to employees in understanding the policies and the application of the provisions within the Policy.
- HR Planning:
- Exercise financial insight to establish budgets for HR activities and monitor HR operations and outcomes against financial plans
- Develop and review HR policies and procedures against organisation’s needs and in compliance to legislative, ethical and regulatory standards
- Ensure operational excellence; analyse the effectiveness of HR operations and recommend improvement actions
- Employee Engagement:
- Manage the implementation, review and administration of benefits and compensation to employees
- Facilitate the management of employees’ behaviour according to the organisation’s code of conduct, values, ethics and disciplinary procedures
- Formulate overall employee communication plans and facilitate commitment from employees to organisational values, vision and objectives
- Strengthen employee relationships and facilitate resolutions to conflicts and disputes
- Employee Development:
- Establish and implement learning and development programmes to facilitate employees’ growth and capability building
- Performance management; administer the performance management programme and implement leadership/talent development programmes
- General HR
- Data management and governance; prepare, structure and manage data and information for analyses purposes and to establish standards and practices for governing and review of compliance
- Establish and manage effective and efficient HR management systems
- Manage stakeholder expectations and relationships through effective communication, and alignment of their needs with the organisation’s or HR objectives
- Employee Attraction
- Conduct onboarding programmes
- Evaluate recruitment methods to establish the most effective channels in sourcing, selecting and securing candidates
- Develop digital capability to enhance the organisation’s employer brand
- Employee Separation
- Establish and implement frameworks, guidelines, policies and processes to manage involuntary exits, retention, re-employment of employees ( retirement and otherwise)
Generic Skills & Competencies
- Interpersonal skills; manage relationships and efficiently and communicate with others effectively to achieve mutual consensus and outcomes.
- Leadership; demonstrate professionalism to set a good example at peer level. Support others through own initiative and enthuse others through own positive energy.
- Problem solving; identify less perceivable problems and use tools and techniques to solve problems.
- Service orientation; exceed expectations and handle service challenges with a positive mindset.
- Teamwork; contribute and facilitate work team activities, provide assistance and support needed by team members and promote ownership and commitment among team members to team goals.
Professional & Educational qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business management or the equivalent.
- Obtained the Institute for Human Resource Professional (IHRP) Certification.
- Has at least 8 years of relevant HR experience.
Interested applicants please write to the Administrator (Office) of Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church (TRAC), Ms Venessa Loh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.