Reporting to the Pastor-in-charge, the Administrative Manager manages the overall office operations; its systems and workflows, including information technology, safety & security, communications & social/digital media, transactional services of human resources, finance, supervision of staff and facilitating communications throughout the organisation and improvement of processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Manager plays a role in many parts of the organisation’s operations, working with other heads/lead and team members in each of the organisation’s departments to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the Church operations. Specifically, the duties include:
* Management: manages daily office operations, manages vendor and external relationships, acts as primary liaison with all the Ministries’ Chairs, develops and oversees office standard operating procedures, including data protection, risk management, safety and security, and maintains all policies and procedures. Identify opportunities for improving operational effectiveness and efficiency. Supervises and manages the administrative staff. Assists Pastor-in-Charge in managing pastoral staff.
* Information Technology: Works with IT administrator and committee to oversee network and web administration, data protection and risk management as well as maintenance of all department databases. Evaluates, recommends and implements information systems and digital systems upgrade for the efficient operation of the Church office.
* Human Resources: Supports PPRSC’s initiatives and oversees all aspects of the human resources transactional functions, except succession planning, change management, talent and staff development, including performance management, compensation & benefits and manpower planning.
* Finance: Oversees Finance Exec and all aspects of the finance function, including financial operations and ensure that reliable financial control systems are established and maintained.
* Governance: responsible for the organisation’s PDPA policies and procedures as well as governance matters, ensuring that the organisation meets its obligations to comply with the financial and corporate legislations on governance and financial integrity.
* Coordinates long-term organizational planning: Coordinates the planning and implementation of the Church/Pastor-in-charge’s strategic/annual plan.
* Other responsibilities as agreed with the Pastor-in-charge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organisational skills – planning, delegating, attention to details, effective time management, able to work well under pressure, strong in collaborating with others.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building as well as presentation skills to assist Pastor-in-Charge and manage staff team to achieve organisational goals.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong in problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to use considerable judgment, exercise initiative and able to work independently.
Education and Experience
- Holds a basic degree in business administration or related field.
- Possess at least ten years of similar experience in a large charity or Non-Government-Organisation.
- Proven experience in business management and financial planning, operational management and human resources management in a church, not-for-profit and/or private sector is preferred.
Interested applicants please write to the Administrator (Office) of Ang Mo Kio Methodist Church (TRAC), Ms Venessa Loh at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.