Parenting Forum – State of the Family
As Christian parents, we are given the awesome yet tremendous responsibility to “train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” (Proverb 22:6 NKJV).
How does that look like in today’s digitised and VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) world of constant change?
This interactive talk reveals the current data on local Christian families and dives into the practical realities of bringing up the next generation, providing timeless principles and age-appropriate tools to disciple our children in the five pillars of faith, identity, relationships, sexuality and values.
- How can we ensure our kids own and keep their faith?
- What makes a secure and confident child?
- Do you wish for a parent-child bond that outlasts the independent years?
- Is sexual purity still relevant in our children’s generation?
- How can our children thrive in a world that seems to have gone wrong?
We are privileged to have Ms Joanna Koh-Hoe, CEO of FOTF as our speaker for this event. Joanna is a psychology graduate and has been involved in various areas in remedial therapy, counselling and case management, family life education and consultancy.
In FOTF, she is involved in the development and rollout of all its major programmes ranging from youth sexuality and marriage, to parenting and work-life.
Sun, 9 Sep 2018
There will be a Q&A session after the talk.
Fee: $10 per adult
Fee: $5 per child
(inclusive of lunch at Amstutz Hall)
There will be a separate Children’s Programme for children aged 4 to 10 years old whose parents are attending this event.
Sign up & PAYMENT
You can sign up and make payment at :
- Information Counter (Level 3)
- AMKids Registration Desk (Level 4)
Note : We are unable to accept online registration for this event. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Closing date for registration is Sun, 26 Aug.
This event is a collaboration between Children’s, Youth and Family Life Ministries.
For more information, please contact
- PTM Caroline Chew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- PTM Gerald Boon at email@example.com,
- Clarence Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Kerrie Chang at email@example.com