Recruitment for Volunteer Tutors and Coordinators for Tuition Programme 2018
The Christian Outreach and Social Concerns (COSC) Ministry is thankful for the volunteer tutors who have responded to the call to provide free academic coaching for students in the Pre-school, Primary and Secondary levels in 2017.
The COSC plans to continue building a sustainable Tuition Program in 2018 in these areas:
- A Language & Literacy program targeted at Pre-School children
- An Academic Coaching program for Primary School students focusing on Math and English
- An Academic Coaching program for Secondary School students focusing on Math and English
- A self-sustaining volunteer-run tuition program.
We appeal for volunteers to come forward to partner with us and support these needy students within our Ang Mo Kio Community.
The program schedule is as follows:
- Pre-School and Primary Level sessions will be held on Saturdays from 10.00am to 12.00pm, starting from 13 Jan 2018.
- Secondary Level Sessions will be on either Wednesdays or Thurdays from 8.00pm to 9.30pm, starting from 17 Jan 2018.
- Sessions will be held at our church premises during school terms.
More than 60 students have already registered for the program for 2018.
Volunteer tutors will need to commit to serve in any of the following, for at least 6 months:
- Teaching of Language and Reading, or
- Teaching of English or Math – Primary level or
- Teaching of English or Math – Secondary level or
In addition, we are also appealing for coordinators who will assist us in the following:
- Performing logistics and administrative tasks to support the tuition program.
Youth who have just completed their A-levels and Polytechnic education are welcome to serve. Renewal for volunteers Tutors & Coordinators shall be after every six months.
Interested volunteers can sign up by completing the registration form @ information counter on Sundays.
For more details, please contact PTM Mr. Tan Quee Chew @6705 6160 or 8123 4772 (HP) or Ms Agnes Samuel @9857 7912